Thursday, February 24, 2011
PINEAPPLE TART (1)
Melt in the Mouth Pineapple Tarts
From (table for 2)
Makes 125 pieces of tarts the size of Penang's dragon ball biscuit
250gm butter (salted)
75gm caster sugar
170gm whipping cream
50gm cream cheese
3 egg yolks
400gm cake flour
30gm corn starch
One more yolk for glazing
Homemade pineapple jam from 2 large pineapples
1. Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese together.
2. When it comes together, pour in cream and whip on medium speed (I used speed 2 on my hand mixer) for 10 minutes.
Scrape the sides from time to time. It may look lumpy, don’t worry, later it’ll turn all creamy.
3. Beat in egg yolks for 1 minute.
4. Sift both flours and pour half of it into buttery mixture. Mix on low speed until it comes together and pour in the
remaining flour and beat until it comes together. Do not over mix.
5. Let dough sit for 10 minutes minimum before you start wrapping your jam with it.
After that I preheated the oven at 160(fan)/180C and made marks on my cookies. Brushed with egg yolk and baked them for 20 minutes.