Thursday, November 3, 2011
CHOCOLATE MARBLE CREAM CHEESE CHIFFON
Recipe (for 9" Chiffon Mould)
100g cream cheese
110g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
6 egg yolk
6 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
100g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Cook butter, cream cheese and milk together over double-boiler until thicken.
3. Strain and set aside to cool.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
5. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and salt together.
6. Add in cream cheese mixture and whisk till combined.
7. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
8. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly until well combined.
12.Pour some batter into a bowl, mix with chocolate syrup.
12.Pour the original batter into a chiffon mould, then pour in the chocolate batter.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 45-50mins.
14.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
15.Remove cake from pan and serve.